Saturday, April 16, 2011

Gardening and Food

First of all, I want to apologize to the few of you who actually follow my blog for being an absentee blogger the past 2 months.  I really just lost track of time and didn't realize it had been so long!  I will try not to let it happen again!  I realized that I actually started this blog post in February, but never completed it!  Anyway, it's totally different now, so I'm starting all over again...here goes!

Well, what have I been up to the last two months that I haven't had time to write one blog??  I've been trying my hand at gardening, for one thing...much to no avail!  So far, my butternut squash and cantaloupe plants have died, I got one crop out of my snow peas before they shriveled up and died, my tomatoes are struggling, and the lettuce has all mostly gone to seed before I could harvest most of it!  Help!  Can anyone give me some tips??  The only things that are still surviving are my local winter squash, a couple of watermelon vines (no fruit yet, but I did see a few yellow flowers), struggling broccoli plants and my flowers.  So far all of my flowers have survived-no thanks to me, I'm sure!  They must just be really hardy!
Anyway, not all of my efforts are in vain.  On the cooking front, I've tried some new recipes the past couple of months (and some old) and you'll see them in the picture collage I've added.  You all know how I love food!  For some reason, most of my attempts at new food ideas usually work out!  I think that God knows how much I enjoy food and He blesses my attempts!
From top to bottom:  Spanish egg & tuna empanadas, veggie burgers, homemade sandwhich bun, pizza with homemade Mexican cheese, and more homemade Mexican cheese-this time allowed to harden enough to slice!
God bless you!
Tiffany
Posted: April 16, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment