Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Coming to America!


For those of you who haven't yet heard, we are coming to America next month! 

 
I thought it would be fun to share some of the comments from the members of our family as we've been preparing for our 3 month (end May-mid August) visit back to the U.S.  Who actually made each comment will remain anonymous!  :) 

Here goes: 
 
"One of the first things I'm going to do is....."
 
"...Order a pizza!"  "Buy some decent socks!"  "Go clothes shopping!"  "Buy some new sneakers!"  "Take a HOT shower every day!!"  "Do we have to take a shower every day?"  "Use wireless on my Kindle!"  "Eat some real corn on the cob!"

Then we heard comments like:
 
"I want to eat meat every day!"  "We can eat Papa's bacon and keilbasa for breakfast!" "Do you remember those sausage, egg, and cheese biscuits Uncle Charles made for us for breakfast the last time we were back? Yum!"  "I wish we could go to VBS at Uncle Joel and Aunt Kim's church like we did last time!"  "We had so much fun with Joshua and Brian at their house!"  "Remember that time when we were jumping up and down with Daniel (Farmer) on his bed? I don't know if his parents knew we were doing that!" :) "Hey, remember that guy who had a music room full of instruments in his house? I wonder if he'll let me borrow a guitar while we're back...I'm going to miss playing my guitar for 3 months!"  "Remember we ate at that policeman's house with his family? Ooohh...a policeman!"

Our last two children don't know much, if anything at all, about the stuff they will encounter in the U.S....so we also heard these kinds of comments:
 
"What's a washing machine? A drier?"  "I wonder how Berasia is going to react to all of the noise (of cars, trucks, etc. driving by all the time)?"  "Oh, maybe Chayah will get to ride on those stairs that move by themselves!" (An escalator!) "...and ride in an elevator!"  
 
And finally, we heard:
 
"I wonder if there is anybody at CLG (our home church) who still remembers us?"  "How will we all get to CT from the airport? We'll need a mini-van for all of us to fit now!"
 
As you can see, we've been having lots of fun just planning our visit back to the U.S.  I'm sure it will be even more fun once we are actually there.  Hopefully, we'll get to see you there.  Please email us (TiffanyH@irisglobal.org) if you'd like to see us while we're in America.  We'll be in CT, MD, VA, NJ, and NY during our time back.  Maybe we'll meet up with you in one of those states! 


Blessings!
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment